Presently, millions of individuals are looking for meaningful and fulfilling lives that go beyond traditional jobs. After completing the academics, each struggles to get a job, and even after getting it, no one dares to leave it!
In this highly competitive and fast-paced era, it is tough to find a job. And after getting one, it's crucial to managing punctuality, and timing perfection is another task. Talking about timeliness and timings, the debate for 9-5 or 9-6 jobs is highly discussed worldwide. Every individual comes from different backgrounds; therefore, every individual has different opinions regarding 9-5 positions or 9-6 jobs worth doing. Today, we are taking a deep dive into this debate: are 9-5 jobs or 9-6 jobs worth doing? Or adoption of any other option is much worthy from both options as mentioned earlier? So, let's take a glance and find out -
Is a 9 to 5 or 9 to 6 Job Lifestyle right for you?
As per the employee's point of view, the standard 9-5 or 9-6 office job might be a love or hate relationship. Thus, here we are trying to figure out the lifestyle of 9-5 or 9-6 as per some aspects that will depend upon you:
Uniformity or Routine Security?
If you are a person who is looking for career security, work on your assignments, show your talent, explore your interest, work is consistent, and get paid a good remuneration. All in all, a good daily routine allows you to practice your interest or art every day, and then the 9-6 job is worth doing. On the other hand, if you are a person who craves novelty and wants to work for yourself, you can switch up your job schedule because it is not worth doing.
Lack of Individuality or Community Comforts?
Several good companies cultivate a sense of culture. The social bond between the team members ensures them they have each other's back, helping them to succeed as a whole. If you enjoy working with people in those 9 hours, then a 9-6 job is worth it for you. In contrast, if you face difficulty in the focus, discipline, and friendly working environment, then even the 9-5 job would not be worth it for you. In such a situation, these kinds of people stifle their sense of ownership in work and feel boredom during work.
Lack of Choices or Structure?
With 9-5 or 9-6, you know exactly where you will present every Monday to Friday. It is an ideal schedule for those individuals who require consistency to feel a smooth and comfortable lifestyle. It also makes planning easier for people as you know you have weekends or evenings. These individuals regimentally follow schedules and are always diligent in preventing working hours from socialising or family time. In contrast, the 9-5 working hours is not that ideal for you, if you want a flexible lifestyle. If you rearrange the schedules without requesting or taking permissions, then adopting any other option from 9-5 jobs is the best option for you.
Alternatives: If a 9 to 5 or 9 to 6 is not worthy, then what?
A Freelance job is one of the best alternatives to traditional 9-5 or 9-6 jobs. It is considered best than 9-5 full-time jobs because of some aspects as follows:
- It offers high flexibility in the job that you had missed out in the 9-5 jobs.
- The most important thing is you are your boss, which means you do not need to take anybody's permission for doing anything, or there is no need to follow someone's strict rules and regulations.
- Another perk of being a freelancer is getting much higher paid than a full-time employee.
- Freelancers save more of their earnings because they are not liable to tax breaks and several other incentives.
Establishment of Own Business:
Establish your own business is a dream of many individuals. It is another amazing alternative to 9-5 jobs. By setting up your own business, you will experience several unique and amazing experiences than the boredom of 9-5 jobs:
- You are independent to choose in which sector you have to work, what sort of customers you want to serve, and what problems you want to take into account or solve.
- More importantly, you can work from anywhere as per your desired location.
- You are your boss in your business; no one gives you orders and forms strict regulations for you.
- You can even choose your working hours according to your interest and mood.
- You will set your profits and prices that go to you only.
Create a Portfolio Career:
Creating a Portfolio career is one of the ideal alternatives for you instead of 9-5 jobs. It is a perfect combination for those people who are multi-passionate about talents and unique interests. The reason why you consider this as a career than 9-5 jobs are as follows:
- If you have different and unique skills and interests, it can be a great match for your personality. You will find a wide range of options in various sectors such as a photographer, web developer, yoga teacher, marketing consultant, and even so forth.
- You will get a great opportunity to work from anyplace. Moreover, you can also work in various places based on the work you are doing.
- You can work more flexibly and even choose those projects only depending on your mood and interest.
- You can decide your prices. Having a project of portfolios of different roles and jobs will mean that your prices are also different. You always have an opportunity; if you face a little dip in some areas, then you can compensate for it from others.
- Overall, you are your boss, likewise the alternatives as mentioned above.
You can realise the difference between 9-5 or 9-6 jobs or all other alternative careers from the information as mentioned earlier. It's all a matter of perspective that is different as per everyone's thinking. On the whole, if you are a person who loves to enjoy a sense of community, structured routines, and security, then the 9-5 or 9-6 jobs are worth doing and a good fit for you. In contrast, if you have high cravings for novelty, have the personality to explore every day, or want to be your own boss, and then traditional 9-5 or 9-6 jobs are not made for you.
Lastly, you have to be honest with yourself regarding what motivates you and what you want from your life. So, do that, and you will surely find satisfaction with your solution to the 9-5 or 9-6 jobs dilemma.
Are The Online Work-From-Home Jobs Genuine?
What online business can I do to make money? Here are the top-6 ideas for you.
Top-10 Proven Home Based Business Ideas
How to become Environment Friendly?
Q. Why Freelancing is the choice for many youngsters?
Ans: Freelancing offers youngsters an opportunity to showcase their skills early with their creativity and unique ideas instead of progressing with someone's rules and instructions.
Q. Which job is a highly secured traditional 9-5 or modern independent job?
Ans: The traditional 9-5 jobs are more secure than current independent jobs like Freelancing, entrepreneurship, and many others. It is because people are liable for all the risks and losses of their independent jobs, but they are not in 9-5 jobs.
Q. Is a 9-5 job worth doing for a creative and skillful person?
Ans: It is a partial answer because people can exposé and explore their creativity or interest in a 9-5 job at a limited platform. In contrast, if a skillful person exposes his/her skills on their own in front of the audience, there are high chances of rapid development and growth.
Q. Is modern independence enhances productivity amongst employees?
Ans: Yes, it is completely true. When an employee works in a higher flexible environment of modern independent jobs, it will boost their productivity level. Employees will give their best performance with the best of their knowledge because they work as per their interest.
Q. Are Full-time jobs more limiting to payroll than independent jobs?
Ans: Yes, the full-time employees will earn only decided monthly salary or festive bonuses, but an employee of independent jobs like freelancers can make as much as he/she can.
Q. Are Employees getting training and supervision in Independent Jobs?
Ans: No, Employees cannot experience the training and supervision from the experienced or professional ones. They will learn by practically facing things and then learning lessons from their outcomes. In contrast, experienced and special training teams will first train 9-5 jobs for effective and efficient work.
Q. Which job profile has high risk- a full-time job or an Independent job?
Ans: The Independent job profile has a higher risk factor because an individual is liable for all the losses and profits. In contrast, full-time employees will get decided monthly remuneration whether the company faces loss or gains.