Cycles are one of the most popular modes of transportation. Many people from the rural and semi-urban parts of the country use cycles as a daily mode of transportation. Cycles produce no pollution and have a negligible maintenance cost. On account of the high population, it is no surprise that there are several leading cycle manufacturers in India. The country produces around 125 million cycles annually. Owing to the demand, there are a lot of cycle manufacturing businesses in India. To know more about some of the top cycle manufacturers in India, read this article till the end.
1. Hero Cycles:
Hero Cycles is the leading cycle manufacturer in India's standard and premium bicycle segment. Hero cycles have more than 2,800 dealerships in India. Hero cycles are available in a wide variety, including for women, kids, and teenagers. They export cycles to more than 75 countries worldwide and are among the top 10 cycle manufacturers in the world.
Also, Hero Cycles holds the Guinness Books of World Records for being the largest cycle manufacturer in the world. In August 2020, Hero Group announced that it had sold more than 150 million cycles since 1956. At present, this company has more than 40% market share in India. Their manufacturing rate is more than sixty lakh cycles per year.
Key highlights of Hero Cycles
- Hero Cycles is a module of the HMC Group, with 1.2 billion dollar credit support. Hero Cycles Limited is ranked as the largest integrated cycle producer across the globe.
- The company's workplace is based in Ludhiana mainly. Other cycle manufacturer units in India are located in Bihar, Ghaziabad, and Sri Lanka, as well.
- Hero cycles have made their mark in the Indian market mainly because of high-quality products. Hero Street Racer 24T is one of the highest-selling bikes of this company. It comes with a steel frame and caliper brakes.
- Hero Cycles offers a wide range of cycles such as city bikes, roadsters, racers, SLR, etc. The products are usually priced within a reasonable range.
Avon Cycles are a part of the Avon group and were founded in 1951 in India. Avon cycles have an extensive distributor network with around 2,000 authorised dealers and 12,000 sub-distribution units all over India. This cycle manufacturer in India has become a popular choice among the Indian population because of its high-quality products. It has a wide range of products that represent hi-power adventure, luxury and style trends.
Avon cycle's primary cycle manufacturing unit is based in Ludhiana, Punjab. Avon is a seller of a wide variety of bicycles in many Asian countries, and it provides a transparent plan concerning its quality.
Key Highlights of Avon Cycles
- Avon cycles are available as geared bicycles, MTB bicycles, girls' bicycles, roadsters, and kids' bicycles.
- E-bicycles by Avon cycle manufacturers in India have been gaining immense popularity due to their no-pollution feature. Avon also produces e-cycles on a large scale.
- Avon cycles are available in more than eighty countries across the globe.
- Currently, Avon manufactures about 10,000 cycles per day.
- Avon Cycles is also planning to set up a INR100 crore plant in Ludhiana to increase the production to 15,000 per day.
The Hercules cycle manufacturer in India is a leading producer of bikes, bicycles, and steel. Hercules was established in 1861, and started operating in India in 1949. The company’s cycle business in India is managed and distributed by TI cycles and the Murugappa group. Its major brands include BSA and Hercules brands. The geared cycles by Hercules have wonderful features, and the brand stands for quality and dependability. Based on customer reviews and quality checks, the bikes produced by Hercules are durable and safe.
Key Highlights of Hercules Cycles
- Hercules makes cycles for daily use, racing and kids cycles. You may also get customized bicycles as per your requirements.
- Their bikes are reliable enough for use in everyday life.
- This cycle manufacturer in India has also launched Top Gear and Turbo Drive in India.
- In case you wish to buy a bicycle that is simple-looking, budget-friendly as well as long-lasting, Hercules is the right place to go.
- The brand is among the top cycle brands in India, with its central unit in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
4. LA Sovereign:
Another famous cycle manufacturer in India is LA Sovereign Bicycles. LA Sovereign Bicycles is a cooperative venture between the Indian company Sovereign and the Thai company LA. The India-based company Sovereign has been manufacturing and marketing different bicycles for the last forty years. As the Indian youth has lately drifted away from cycling, LA Sovereign aims to restart and promote a bicycling culture.
Key Highlights of LA Sovereign Cycles
- The company has a complete range of MTBs, Kids, and BMX bicycles.
- All the bicycles are fitted with only high-quality Taiwanese or Japanese components.
- The bikes are manufactured using alloy rims and anti-rust stainless steel spokes.
- All the bicycles are assembled and packed individually in a strong carton box that is easy to carry and handle. Sovereign is offering a two-year warranty on all rigid frames.
- One of the foremost innovative options of LA Sovereign Bicycles is that it doesn't have the regular V or caliper brakes. Their models have disc brakes that make them highly favorable as disc brakes need less replacement and are easier to repair.
- LA Sovereign Bicycles can be considered as one of the best cycle manufacturers in India.
5. Atlas Cycles:
Atlas Cycle Industries (ACIL) was established in 1951 inside a shed in Sonepat, Haryana, India. The first ACIL bicycle was produced in 1952, after one year of hard work. Following this, ACIL's first factory complex was set up on an area of twenty-five acres. This cycle manufacturer in India produced more than 10,000 cycles in the initial year and continued to flourish.
Between 1990 to 2000, Atlas cycles were the most extensively exported cycles from India. Unfortunately, things weren’t going too well for the company and they were forced to shut down operations in 2020. Even though no longer operational, Atlas cycles can still be purchased, and they deserve a mention because of their tremendous fan-following in India.
Key highlights of Atlas Cycles
- Atlas was equally popular amongst all age groups and genders.
- Atlas cycles offered a wide range of children's bicycles.
- Among the teenage segment, the Atlas Smash lbc 20T was highly popular. It has trainer wheels that make it easier for a kid to learn about athletics. Also, the trainer cycle has caliper brakes and a steel frame.
- This cycle manufacturer in India is highly famous because the company ensures top-standard production and finishing of the bicycles. The cycles were manufactured, keeping budget-friendliness in mind.
1) Paper Manufacturers In India
2) Valves Manufacturers In India
3) Battery Manufacturers In India
4) Toy Manufacturers In India
5) Solar Panel Manufacturers In India
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. What are the best Avon cycle products?
Ans. Avon cycles are available as geared bicycles, MTB bicycles, girls' bicycles, roadsters, and kids' bicycles. Also, e-bicycles have been gaining immense popularity due to their no-pollution feature. Avon also produces e-cycles on a large scale. Hence, it is one of the best cycle manufacturers in India.
Q. Which are the best cycle options for children's bicycles?
Ans. Hero, Hercules, and Avon are some of the best cycle manufacturers in India and produce some of the most attractive kid's cycle models.
Q. What are the advantages of buying LA Sovereign cycles?
Ans. LA Sovereign cycles are manufactured using alloy rims and anti-rust stainless steel spokes. These also have disc brakes. These reasons make this cycle manufacturer in India very popular.
Q. What are the features of Atlas Smash lbc 20T?
Ans. Atlas Smash lbc 20T is highly popular. It has trainer wheels that make it easier for the kid to learn about athletics. Also, the trainer cycle has caliper brakes and a steel frame.
Q. What are some of the best HERO cycle products to choose from?
Ans. Hero Cycles offers a wide range of cycles such as city bikes, roadsters, racers, SLR, etc. The products are usually priced within a reasonable range.
We hope our article turned out to be useful for you. For more such informative content, you can visit these linked articles as well:
|Biodiesel Manufacturers in India||Plywood Manufacturers in India||Cosmetics Manufacturers in India|
|Electric Vehicle Manufacturers in India||Lithium Battery Manufacturers in India||PCB Manufacturers in India|