How You Can Start its Business Anywhere
Haryana is considered to be one of the richest and economically progressive regions due to its agricultural production. Haryana has both rural as well as urban crowd due to its strong cultural tradition. Cuisine-wise, Haryana enjoys healthy and simple food giving impetus to homespun food. Haryana is also blessed with a plethora of dairy farming, due to which milk is abundant in the state. People in Haryana prefer eating different kinds of rotis. The state is also known as the “Land of Rotis," Bajre ki Roti, Gochini atta and wheat rotis.
Street food of Haryana
1. Kair Sangri ki Sabzi
Kair Sangri is desert beans and berries that are used for making a delicious stir fry. This is a popular dish in the neighbouring state of Rajasthan. Kair Sangri is made by soaking them in water laden with turmeric for about 8 to 10 hours or can be boiled along with a pinch of salt for some time. After that, the Sangri is mixed with spices like dry mango powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, sugar and salt. Even yoghurt can be added to the sabzi as per taste.
2. Besan Masala Roti-
Besan masala roti is yet another dish from Haryana. It is made with the dough of besan, atta and ghee. Spices like chilli powder, coriander and cumin powder are also added to the dough, and the hot piping besan masala rotis are served along with curd or pickle.
3. Hara dhania Cholia-
Cholia means green chickpea, which is found in abundance in North India. Hara dhania Cholia is made by combining this green chickpea along with other vegetables. The green peas are mixed with onion, tomatoes, spices like chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder. This dish is a speciality of this state.
4. Bajra khichdi-
Khichdi is a prominent dish across the country, but this khichdi is made from bajra and not the traditional rice and dal form in Haryana. It is made from moong dal and bajra and blended together in a pressure cooker. Bajra has optimum health benefits.
5. Bathua Raita-
Bathua raita is prepared from bathua, or chenopodium leaves mixed with curd, spices like red chilli powder, salt and cumin powder. Bathua raita is a common delicacy of most of the Northern states in India.
6. Kachri ki chutney
Kachri ki chutney is yet another lip-smacking dish of Haryana and Rajasthan. This chutney is prepared from a particular vegetable called kachri which we get in Haryana. It resembles watermelons. Kachri is blended with garlic, onion, yogurt and other spices.
7. Dahi Vada
Dahi vada is yet another popular dish from Northern India. Dahi vada is prepared by soaking urad dal for about 3 to 4 hours in water. After that, the dal is blended and vadas are fried and soaked in churned dahi. It is a pertinent dish of Haryana.
8. Rajma Chawal
Rajma, along with rice, is yet another famous dish found in Haryana and other northern states. Rajma or kidney beans are soaked overnight, and tangy curry is prepared along with spices, onion, garlic and tomatoes. Rajma curry is accompanied by rice and served hot.
9. Alsi Pinni
Alsi or flax seeds laddu is a popular sweet dish made with grounded flax seeds, wheat flour, sugar and ghee.
10. Mithe Chawal
Mithe chawal or sweet rice is a special preparation of Haryana. Basmati rice is found in abundance in the state. This dish is made by mixing basmati rice, ghee and sugar. The dish is garnished with saffron, cardamom and nuts.
Speciality of street food of Haryana
- The food habits of Haryanvi can be termed as simple to the core. In the rural areas, people follow a 2 meal routine where they eat only lunch which strictly comprises roti made with either wheat flour or bajra accompanied with a curry or salt and green chillies. For dinner they go for khichdi made with rice, moong and bajra.
- But in the cities, people have breakfast invariably, consisting of roti made with bajra or wheat flour and milk or curd. For lunch and dinner, they eat an array of vegetables with either steaming hot rotis or rice.
- The Haryanvi people’s food is pure and connected with their land. They eat freshly grown crops and vegetables. The people here dote over Rotis.
- The state is also well known for its dairy farming. Milk and milk products are found in abundance in the state. People are known to make home-made ghee and butter in every household. Buttermilk, lassi and tea, including kachi lassi, are popular savoury in the state.
- Haryana is also renowned for its freshly grown vegetables. Some of the unique vegetables found here are pethe ki sabji, teet ka achar, a pickle from a kair tree.
How can one start the business of Haryana street food
Starting Haryana’s street food business is a good idea because Northern India’s food is popular among the masses.
- Planning and Coordination- Proper planning and coordination is required for starting any eatery business. So for starting the business of Haryana’s food business, also multiple planning activities are required.
- Investment- Investment like loans and grants can be availed by owners in order to start the business.
- Resources- Resources like manpower and raw materials are also important pointers in starting an eatery business.
- Supply chain/ Logistics -Supply chain and proper logistics chain is essential for an eatery business to establish itself.
- Taste- The taste of the food prepared must be authentic so that the customers can relate to Haryana
- Place- The eatery can be opened at a densely populated area wherein people can indulge in their taste buds in Haryana’s famous dishes.
- Social media presence- The business can gain leverage if it has a social media presence on platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Profit- Having a good profit margin in your business acts as a stepping stone towards success.
- Haryana’s food business can be successful as people are already familiar with most of the state’s dishes, and they will instantly hit with the customers.
Also Read: Best Business In Haryana
Future Prospects of Haryana’s Street Food Business
- As most people of the country are acquainted with North Indian cuisine, Haryana's dishes will instantly connect with them.
- The taste of Haryana's street food must be authentic so that the eatery business is popular among people in a short period.
- Factors like ambience, cleanliness and good supply chain facilities would ensure that the eatery business of Haryana’s food is a hit among the customers.
1) Famous Street Food of Kolkata
2) Famous Street Food of Delhi
3) Famous Street Foods in Gujarat
4) Famous Street Foods of Lakshadweep
5) Manufacturing Companies in Faridabad
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
FAQs on street food of Haryana
Q. Is Haryana’s food popular among people?
Ans. Though people do not generally associate with Haryana’s food as the food comes under the bracket of north Indian food. Hence, all the dishes of northern India are more or less similar.
Q. Does Rajma chawal solely belongs to Haryana?
Ans. No Rajma chawal is a popular dish in many north Indian states.
Q. If I plan to open the business of Haryana foods in South India, will it flourish?
Ans. Definitely. As the urban population moves to big cities searching for employment, the influx of population has risen in south India. If one plans to open a Haryana food outlet in southern India, it will be a successful venture.
Q. What is the speciality of Haryana’s dishes?
Ans. The unique feature of Haryana’s food is that they are connected with the land. All the ingredients used while cooking is freshly produced and grown in the state. Be it crops or pulses, vegetables or milk products. Everything is a part of the state itself.
|We hope our article turned out to be useful for you. For more such informative content, you can visit these linked articles as well:|
|Famous Street Food of Meghalaya||Famous Street Food of Tripura||Famous Street Food of Odisha|
|Famous Street Food of Rajasthan||Famous Street Food of Punjab||Famous Street Food of Himachal Pradesh|