In this fast-moving world, the wide reach of internet use and advancements in technology have dematerialised many sectors, one of which is the Money and Banking sector. Both bankers and customers are quickly adjusting to these changes.
Earlier, transferring money, generating a passbook, etc., was a long-drawn-out process. But now, with the development of internet banking and advancements in technology, transferring money and checking your account balance is just a few clicks away.
There are several ways of checking the balance in the bank account. Some of them are:
- Push Notification
- Net Banking
Reasons to check your bank account
There are many reasons to check your bank account. It is essential to understand how much money you have in your bank account so that you know how much of it is accessible for spending. Checking your account regularly allows you to evaluate where you stand financially and helps detect problems like fraud or erroneous transactions at the earliest.
When you see your bank balance, make sure you understand the difference between the account balance and the available balance.
The traditional way to check the available balance of a bank account is by using the PAN Card. Passbooks are often issued when you open an account with a bank. The passbook includes information on all of your account's transactions. You can easily check your account balance by finding the last transaction in your passbook as it lists all the debit and credit transactions and shows the last available balance. As a result, it's critical to keep your passbook up to date at all times. However, you will need to visit the bank every time you need to update your passbook.
How to check bank balance online?
If you are wondering how to check bank balance online, follow the steps below:
Net banking/online banking mode: The safest government site to see your account details is pfms.nic.in.
- Open the website (pfms.nic.in) in your web browser.
- Enter the name of the bank in which you have the account.
- Enter your account number.
- Re-enter your account number for verification
- Enter the correct captcha code for verification
- Click on Submit.
- You will be redirected to a new page, where you can see all the transactions and available balances in your bank account.
- Download the mobile app of your bank from the play store or AppStore.
- Open the application
- Select the language
- Sign in using the Customer ID mentioned in the passbook
- Click on ‘Process’
- Allow all the settings
- Verify the registered mobile number
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered with the account
- Set the 4 digit m-pin
- Verify the m-pin
- Click on ‘Register’
- Now you are registered
- Log in by entering the m-pin.
After logging in, you can view all the transactions at a predefined date and the custom date.
You can avail of the SMS services of your bank if you are aiming to check your balance. This process varies according to the bank’s process and policy.
To check your bank account transactions and available balance using UPI, you need to link it with any digital banks or digital money transfer platforms like Paytm Bank, Google Pay, PayPal, BHIM UPI, etc.
Easy steps to link your bank account with Paytm:
- Download and install the Paytm app on your mobile phone
- Open Paytm app
- Click on the hamburger-shaped menu icon in the top right corner
- Login/register using your mobile number and enter the password
- At the top of the screen, find the option to link your bank account with Paytm
- You will be directed to a list of banks
- Find your bank in this list
- Verify the mobile number
- Make a UPI address/UPI ID
- Click ‘Submit’
- Your bank account is now linked with Paytm
- Now, you can transfer funds, download the passbook, and check the available balance anytime using the UPI in a few clicks.
Setting Up Alerts to Check Bank Balance Online
If you do not want to check your account balance all the time, you may request that the bank send you a notification anytime your bank account has a low balance. For example, your bank will send you an immediate notification if you make a large withdrawal or have a low balance. You may adjust the quantity and other aspects of such notifications when you opt for them.
You can also use an ATM to check the account balance. Simply go to any ATM and follow the procedure below:
- Insert your debit or credit card
- Enter your 4-digit PIN
- Choose the Balance Inquiry option
- The balance amount will be displayed on the screen.
- It is recommended that you use your bank's ATM because using another ATM may result in a deduction of a fee.
- If you use a foreign bank's ATM, you may be charged an extra fee.
Speak with a Teller
While a face-to-face conversation might be beneficial, it is better to become acquainted with some of the self-service options listed above. You'll love being able to work on your schedule and from nearly any location.
Over recent years we have seen several major changes in the banking sector. Technological developments and the widespread use of the internet has allowed this sector to adapt to the dynamic environment. In the above article, we have gone through an important aspect of banking from the customer's point of view, i.e., how to check bank balance online.
|We hope our article turned out to be useful for you. For more such informative content, you can visit these linked articles as well:|
|How to check MSME registration by name?||How to check Credit card balance?||How to check GST registration status?|
|How to check ITR status?||How to check background while hiring staff?||How to claim LTDC for business?|
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
Q. What's the difference between account balance and total account balance?
Ans. The total amount of money in your bank account is indicated by the account balance. The amount that can be withdrawn is indicated by the available balance. Service costs are occasionally imposed by banks, and if the account balance is insufficient, the sum is confiscated as a secured creditor.
Q. Is it possible to check one's bank balance on any mobile platform or website?
Ans. When monitoring one's bank balance, it is recommended that only verified platforms or official websites be used. Using an unreliable source can result in financial loss. Furthermore, anyone with access to financial information can steal it and use it for illicit purposes.
Q. Do banks reimburse you for money that has been stolen?
Ans. After you report a loss, banks may take up to two weeks to repay stolen funds. Some banks will reimburse the money as soon as the theft is discovered, while others will wait until an investigation has been completed and the charges have been verified. However, it also depends on the terms and conditions of your bank.
Q. If a person's mobile number isn't registered with a bank, how can they check their balance?
Ans. If a person's mobile number is not registered with the bank, they can check their balance at an ATM or via net banking. You can also check your balance by speaking to a teller.
Q. What do you need to view the balance in the bank account?
Ans. For checking the balance in the bank account, you will need the following details:
- Bank account number
- Registered mobile number
- In the case of net banking, you will also need a net banking number or login ID and password.