When it comes to interiors, furniture, and panelling in the house, one should always be careful about the quality and the brand of plywood used for them. There are various plywood manufacturers in India and you should know about them before investing in them.
Top Plywood Manufacturers in India
Before looking at the top plywood makers in India, let us understand certain factors that make plywood the right fit for your house.
- Always consider the plywood that has been ISI-certified and the CML number mentioned beneath it.
- Always look to purchase branded plywood.
- There are two kinds of plywood - commercial and Gurjan. The Gurjan plywood is waterproof, while the commercial one is non-waterproof. Always prefer Gurjan plywood.
- Always keep in mind the fact that there should be no gaps in the plywood as they would break easily.
- The main issue customers face is an attack from termites. So, always consider purchasing plywood that has been manufactured from trees over 70 years old.
- The plywood should always be manufactured from a common wood piece or else it would suffer fungal attack and infestation.
Now, you are aware of the factors that you should consider while purchasing plywood. So, let us now look at some top plywood manufacturers in India.
1. Kitply Industries Ltd
- Kitply Industries was started by Mr S.P. Goenka and Mr P.K. Goenka in 1982 in Assam.
- They have branches all over the country and are a leading manufacturer of plywood in India.
- They provide quality plywood that is crafted through the state of the art technology and a trained workforce.
- They have expanded their reach to Middle East countries, Nepal, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
2. Century Plyboards India Ltd
- Century Plyboards India Ltd. was established in 1986 by Mr Sajjan Bhaijanka and Mr Sanjay Agarwal.
- They became the first plywood manufacturer to receive the ISO 9002 certification.
- They have expanded their business to Singapore and have been renowned plywood manufacturers in India.
- They are a pioneer in the plywood industry and have been instrumental in introducing the latest trends in the market.
3. Greenply Industries Ltd
- Greenply Industries Ltd was started by Mr S.P. Mittal in 1993 and is one of the leading plywood producers in India.
- They are known for manufacturing the best MDF boards in the country, capturing around 30% of the total MDF market share.
- They have four advanced manufacturing units in India and with over 2500 dealers, they sell their products all over India.
- The company produces low emission plywood under the name Green Club.
4. National Plywood Industries Ltd
- The National Plywood Industries Ltd was started in 1973, and before that, they were involved in manufacturing tea chests in Assam in 1951.
- The company has state of the art manufacturing plants that produce multiple plywood products that are available all over India through its dealers, distributors, channel partners, and offices.
- The location advantage in the North East helps the company with access to raw material from sustainable, natural tropical forests.
- With clients like IDBI Bank, Union Bank, ICICI Bank, Dena Bank, Grand Hyatt, IIM Ahmedabad, the National Plywood is a reputed name among the plywood manufacturers in India.
5. SRG Ply & Boards
- The SRG (Sumitra Rajkripal Group) Ply & Boards was established in 1895 and headquartered in Delhi.
- The SRG group features among the leading plywood makers in India.
- They are recognised for providing high-quality plywood from Gurjan, teak, and pine woods.
- They are ISO-certified, and every product is carefully crafted in their advanced manufacturing plants.
6. Mayur Plywood
- Mayur Plywood was started in 1988 by Mr Nauranglal More and has been a preferred plywood brand for several customers over the years.
- They have been ISO 9001, ISO 1400, OHSAS 18001 and ISI certified and that raises the confidence level with regard to their products.
- The company is looking to expand their manufacturing units to Assam and Gujarat.
- The company has offices, dealers, distributors, and channel partners all over India.
7. Bansal Sales Corporation Ltd
- The Bansal Sales Corporation Ltd is one of the leading plywood manufacturers in India and was started in 1963 by Mr Anil Bansal.
- They have an advanced manufacturing unit in Delhi and are operated by experts.
- The company has collaborated with HI-MACS Acrylic Solid Surface by LG Hausys since 2003.
- They have been providing world-class plywood products through their multiple dealers, distributors all over India.
8. Alishan Veneer & Plywood Ltd
- Alishan Plywood was started in 1995 and has slowly risen to be one of the leading plywood manufacturers in India over the past 10 years.
- The company is ISO 9001-certified and produces quality plywood and veneers.
- The company boasts of clients like Essel mining, Bank of Baroda, Allahabad Bank, LIC, and Mayfair Hotels.
- With state of the art machinery, Alishan plywoods have been providing world-class products to people all over India.
9. Western India Plywood Ltd
- Western India Plywood Ltd is one of the oldest plywood manufacturers in India and was established in 1945 by the late Mr A.K. Kaderkutty.
- The company started as a small-scale unit producing swam timber and plywood, but with time, the company grew all over India and expanded its business in several South-East Asian countries.
- With the advanced state of the art machinery, the company has been producing plywood of the finest quality that is available all over India.
- In 1974, they started a separate furniture manufacturing unit.
|Best Business In India||How To Open Medical Store||Types Of Industries||Non-Biodegradable Waste|
|Eco-Friendly Business Ideas||Manufacturing Business Ideas||Small Scale Business Ideas||Best Business In Mumbai|
10. Krishna Plywoods
- Krishna plywoods is one of the leading plywood manufacturers in India established in 1984 by Mr G. Vishnu Prasad.
- The company is headquartered in Karur, Tamil Nadu.
- The company has been producing premium-quality plywood products in its 25,000-square feet modern manufacturing unit in Tamil Nadu.
- The company has been exporting their products to various countries like Sri Lanka, Saudi Arabia, Maldives, Iraq, and Bahrain.
As a plywood trader, if you are facing issues in managing the inventory, and collection remainder, try OkCredit to ease the entire process, so that you can concentrate on growing your business.
There are several plywood manufacturers in India, but it is important to know about the best ones among them. Along with the knowledge of choosing the right plywood, consumers should know about the companies as well.
1) Paper Manufacturers In India
2) Valves Manufacturers In India
3) Battery Manufacturers In India
4) Toy Manufacturers In India
5) Solar Panel Manufacturers In India
6) Clothing Manufacturers In India
Stay updated with new business ideas & business tips with OkCredit blogs in English, Hindi, Malayalam, Marathi & more!
Download OkCredit now & get rid of your bookkeeping hassles.
OkCredit is 100% Made in India.
FAQs on Plywood Manufacturers
Q. What are the different kinds of plywood available in the market?
Ans. There are two major kinds of plywood. One is the commercial plywood that is non-waterproof, and the other is Gurjan plywood that is waterproof.
Q. Name some of the top plywood manufacturers in India.
Ans. There are several plywood manufacturers in India. Some of the top players are Century Plyboards India Ltd, Kitply Industries, Greenply Industries, SRG Ply & Boards, and Western India Plywood Ltd.
Q. Is the plywood available in different thicknesses?
Ans. The plywood is available in different thicknesses. The most common thickness available in the market are 4 mm, 6 mm, 9 mm, 12 mm, 16 mm, 19 mm, and 25 mm.
Q. Can plywood be polished?
Ans. Many overlook the fact that plywood needs to be polished. But it needs polishing with proper details to bring out its beauty. You can talk to your carpenter regarding it.
Q. What are the alternatives to plywood?
Ans. Solid wood is always an alternative to plywood. But plywood is more durable, provides uniform strength and plywood from a reputed brand can take a lot of pressure that solid wood can’t.
|We hope our article helped you with your research, you can also visit these similar articles as well:|
|Medical Equipments Manufacturers In India||Electric Vehicle Manufacturers In India||Lithium Battery Manufacturers In India||Cosmetic Manufacturers In India|
|Manufacturing Companies In India||E Scooter Manufacturers In India||LED Light Manufacturers In India||Carpet Manufacturers In India|